Kindly hosted by the Embassy of Finland in Japan, the meeting with Member States Trade Promotion Organisation, organised by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation was an opportunity to share information and discuss cooperation, in particular regarding:
• The new helpdesk to inform, guide and promote cooperation between European regions (and clusters) with Japanese Prefectures (and clusters) in the fields of industry, trade, investment, innovation, tourism, and people-to-people connectivity
• The preparation of a conference (3 December in Tokyo) on European and Japanese businesses teaming up to operate together in third country markets, in particular in the South East Asia
• Review of our EPA- activities to help European businesses to take advantage of the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement.
• Cluster and business missions in the next 6-12 months
• EU-Asia Connectivity Forum, Brussels, 27 September 2019 with PM Abe and President Juncker
• European Innovation Day (Tokyo, 31 October 2019) – focus on women entrepreneurs
• Annual conference of the Enterprise Europe Network, in Helsinki on 21-23 October 2019 where the EU-Japan Centre will organise a specific session
• The MoU between the German Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Japan and the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation
This regular discussion “on the ground” in Japan complements the ones organised by the European Commission and TPOs in Brussels, as well as the useful initiative taken by several TPOs to launch the “ETPO Association”.